Thursday, October 13, 2011

Top Chef

For me, the best way to learn is the hands on approach.  The way my brain is wired, if I see someone do something, I can pick up the details much better than reading or listening how to do the same task.  Cooking is no exception.  Give me a cookbook, all of the ingredients and I will still find a way to muck up the dish.

Luckily there is a world-class chef in our neck of the woods.  He is able and more than willing to teach a kitchen klutz like myself the fine art of cooking.  Scott Rom is the guy.  He is a graduate of the Culinary Institute of American, spent numerous years as an Executive Chef, and now develops new menus for restaurants and grocery stores.  But best of all, he teaches the everyday girl or guy how to cook like a pro.  If you think you can cook, he will raise your game.  If you can't cook, you will soon be able to.

Chef Scott, as he likes to be called, teaches in small groups or one-to- one lessons.  If you wish to be the next Julia Child, or simply want to master the art of grilling a steak, then check out his website at www.measureoftaste.com or email him at chefscott@measureoftaste.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment